Thursday, May 07, 2015

SNOW IN AFRICA? (Cont'd)

Essaouira also known as Mogador, when it was a Portuguese stronghold, is a coastal fishing town. The Portuguese fort in the background must be one of the most photographed Moroccan attractions, featuring on its Tourism webpage.
After I captured this image one of its mates pooped on my back, prompting my travel mates to shout that I was very lucky.


One of these two was responsible for pooping on me?

One of the Essaouira town square seafood stalls. If you order shark meat, no worries - it's very fresh!

One of the nice things to do is to relax at this cafe and drink mint tea or coffee.

This part of the Essaouira Bay looks like a stretch of desert. I 'promised' the dromedary owner that I would be back the next day to ride his dromedary.

We stayed at this Spa hotel located on the bay front.Property prices along the bay must be sky high by Moroccan standards.

Nice archway in Safi.

Bread seller in Safi. Moroccan bread with its variety is fantastic. Credit must go to the French for teaching them this skill.

A hammam (akin to a Turkish bath) in Safi. The left door leads to the women's section while that on the right is for guys. While guys will take an hour or so there, the ladies can take up to 3-4 hours.

No comments: