Thursday, October 24, 2013

TRAVELDADDY WILL BE BACK ON THE ROAD SOON

Just a note to visitors that I will be back again on my travelogue soon after my hiatus of more than a year. The reason I have been away is that after being diagnosed with prostate cancer in July last year, I underwent a prostatectomy on Oct 1. As a result, I was incontinent for some time. And then in the middle of the year, when I thought that I would be ready to go on my sojourns again, I fell on Jul 12 and fractured my left collar bone and cracked a couple of bones on the left rib cage during one of my morning walks. That left me high and dry for a few months. I am almost completely healed now and so, I will be going on a pilgrimage cum holiday with my wife starting from Nov 7 for 17 days.

The Marian pilgrimage will take us to the little village of Medjugorje when Marian apparitions have been taking place for decades. We will then go to Hungary, Poland, Croatia and the Czech Republic visiting churches and other places rich in Roman Catholic tradition. I was last in Medjugorje in the late 80's.

I am looking forward to the pilgrimage plus holiday and will share my photos and impressions soon after my trip. I hope that you will enjoy my posts later.

No comments: